The monument to the city founders - Tatishchev and De Genin was established on the left coast of the Iset river, in that place where the city main trunk - Lenin's prospectus - passes across the city dam. The monument made by the sculptor P. Chusovitinov was opened to the city's 275th anniversary, in August, 1998, and represents figures of the Yekaterinburg fathers- founders- Vasiliy Nikitich Tatischev and Villim Ivanovich Gennin. Look attentively at their persons -they are really similar, are they? On remained portraits of these two people you can notice a similarity: high foreheads, narrow persons, strong-willed chins, large noses. But by nature they were contrasts, and sometimes it seems that these founding fathers voluntarily or not had introduced contrasts in character of the city.
The dam (Plotinka) is the oldest construction of the city. The dam was made of Ural larch, which became petrified in water and mostly remained intact up to nowadays. On its right and left there are other cuts through which water was supplied to the overshot wheels (similar to those of water mills) that were putting plant mechanisms in motion. The working drain of the dam was first launched on 7(18) November of 1723, thus this date is considered to be the birthday of Yekaterinburg. Before 1962 this area remained to be the industrial zone and was enclosed with a high wall. Then the dam was reconstructed, strengthened and panelled with granite. Initially, authorities were going to clean the bordering area and even started to explode the remains of the plant installations. However, the public opinion protested that, and a group of architects headed by N. Alferov created the modern Historic park area.
The Square of 1905. Next to the conservatory building begins a main city area. In the course of history it changed many names: Trading, Church, Main and Cathedral. Before at a place of a building with a spike (1947-1954, built by G. A. Golubev) and residences of the Yekaterinburg administration there was located Gostiniy dvor (shopping arcade), burned-out in 1902. It had been started to build up again, but revolution has prevented that. However, already constructed part was used in construction in 1926-1928 of the Business house for Prombank (аrchitect I. S. Guryev) and now this building adjoins to the city administration from 8 Marta Street. Before revolution in the Square center towered the Bogoyavlenskaya church (cathedral). It was built in 1771 at a place of the wooden church constructed there in 1745-1747. Building proceeded twenty four years. The church was two-storied, 55 m at length and 26 m at width, with 5th-stage 66-meter belltower. By the shape it reminded to contemporaries the Petropavlovkskiy Cathedral in St.-Petersburg and if necessary could contain to 4500 parishioners. It was approximately at the place where now is located a granite tribune and adjoining to it a 6-meter Lenin's monument (sculptor V. I. Ingal, architect A. I. Pribulskiy, was established in 1957). In 1906 in the Square center, in front of a cathedral, on a pedestal made from the Ural marble was established a monument to Emperor Alexander II. It was cast from cast-iron at Kuoinskiy factory based on the model of Professor M. P. Popov (similar monuments were established in Moscow and Zlatoust). The tsar was represented in full-length dressed in general's uniform (without an overcoat), bare-headed, holding in the right hand a roll with a print "February, 19th, 1861" (the Manifesto on serfdom cancellation), and leaning against a pedestal by the left hand. A monument was dethroned from a pedestal in the spring of 1917 (by Provisional government). In 1918 in front of the empty pedestal were buried red army soldiers, victims of fights with ataman Dutov. In August 1919 remains had been transferred on waste ground located in front of the National house (nowadays Communards Square), and by a May Day holiday of 1920 at a pedestal was made a new sculpture - a monument to the Released work designed by world-wide known subsequently Stepan Erzi (Nefedov) - a six-meter marble naked man's figure with naturalistically executed anatomic details. Revolted citizens, unusual to new revolutionary art, named the idol as naked Vanka and, under the legend, gathered from all city specially to spit in it. The monument was staid till 1926 when after the departure of Erzi abroad it was removed, and in a wooden box it was located in the yard of the Local history museum till the end of 1930th. Its further destiny is unknown, but there is a legend that monument was drowned in a city pond where this masterpiece of the great master lies till now in a silt layer. On it troubles of the Square renamed after revolution in the Square of 1905 year, didn't ended. In 1930 the pedestal which became empty definitively and at the same time ideologically alien Cathedral were blown up, and now its base together with graves of the church hierarches buried near the Cathedral is latent by a stone blocks. Then at the Cathedral place was established a granite tribune on which local leaders accepted greetings of workers at demonstrations. There is a legend that during the May Day parade of 1951 the restive horse with a nickname the Boy has dumped there down to the ground a great commander George Zhukov who had been directed by Stalin to disgrace - to order the Ural military district. And in the May Day parade of 1960 in absolutely clear sky thousands of citizens could observe suddenly appeared two white cloudlets. Later it was found out that it were ruptures of rockets of air defenses which have brought down on approach to a city American plane-spy U-2 - a miracle of technics of that period, flying on height more than 28000 m and inaccessible to interception aircrafts. Unfortunately, because of traditional Russian disorder and confusion, together with U-2, piloted by colonel Francis Harry Powers, had been brought down fighter-interceptor that followed it and piloted by senior lieutenant S. I. Safonov. Safonov was lost, and, successfully catapulting and landed at a field around state farm Kosulinskiy, Powers at first was hospitably met by the collective farmers who had accepted it for the Soviet pilot, and, only when it was found out that he didn't know Russian, it was handed over to the authorities. Powers was judged by a public trial and sentenced to long imprisonment, but had been soon exchanged for the Soviet scout Rudolf Abel, served time in the USA on charge for espionage. During last decades on the eve of New Year in the area of center it is constructed, to pleasure of kids, fantastic ice town.
The Ipatevskiy house. Having hardly passed upwards along the K. Libknehkt's Street, we will find ourselves at a viewing point opposite to a wooden chapel and the Church "On the blood". This is where in July of 1918, the last Russian Emperor, his family and servants were shot in cold blood… In 1920th in the Ipatevskiy house was located the Revolution Museum, and the area adjoining to it was renamed into the National Anger Square. The fact of Romanov's execution nobody hid and people even were proud of it. The Romanov's execution room was re-established (the present boards of walls and a floor had been taken by white troops) and opened for excursions. Then in the house there was an Antireligious museum, regional archive of the party, various insignificant establishments. People tried to forget About terrible events of 1918, officially they were not mentioned more. But national memory was alive, and people were constantly flown down to this house. It irritated both the local and Moscow authorities. In September, 1977 considering sharp requirement in Yacob Sverdlov and Charl Libkneht's streets reconstruction, the house was taken down. During the new time, together with changes in attitude towards national history, the attitude to this place also was revised - as the witness of awful tragedy. There was built the wooden chapel in honor of Saint Martyr, Elizabeth Fedorovna, and in 2000 began building of the Church "On the blood".
The Rastorguev-Kharitonov mansion: Karl Liebknecht's Street, 44. On the left of the church, on the northern slope of Voznesenskaya Gorka there is a palace and parking ensemble "Rastorguev-Kharitonov mansion" - a gem of Ekaterinburg architecture. The building started in 1794, but it is not clear who ordered this. According to one version it was the factory owner Petr Demidov, after bankruptcy of whom all his property including Kyshtym mountain circuit went to the merchant Lev Rastorguev (1769-1823). According to another version which was evidenced documentarily Rastorguev bought the suspended house of the widow of regional secretary S. Isakov. The architect's name is unclear either, however, considering the fact that the mansion was being built for around 30 years, supposedly, there were several architects. It is known that M. Malakhov participated in the final stage of the building. Rastorguev died when the building process was not yet over (1824) and the mansion (along with Kyshtym factories) was passed to his son-in-law P. Kharitonov. After the trial on Kyshtym factories' atrocities the house was empty for a long time due to heirs' strives, and in the end of XIX century parts of the building became rent apartments and offices. After the Revolution Ural-Siberian Communist University was placed here, and in 1937, after a general overhaul, the building became the Pioneers' Palace. There is a large park near the mansion laid out in 1826. The trees for the park were 30 - 40 years old. There are artificial pond and islet with a rotunda on it, and alleys, winding paths and artificial hills around. The park was always open for visitors. There are old underground passages under the park, one of them was revealed in 1924 after the landslide. According to legends, Rastorguev (an Old Believer) fearing of persecutions has dug the passages across the park under Voznesenskaya square up to the city pond. Other legends say that these passages are the remnants of secret adits where Rastorguev produced gold. The beats of quartz gold veins can really be found on Voznesenskaya Gorka, gold-placer mines were also in the river Mel'kovka that flew along the northern slope of Voznesenskaya Gorka which is now covered by sand. However, nobody could find the genuine gold vein after Rastorguev.
Marshall Zhukov monument "Pervaya Konnitsa". A monument to the marshal G. K. Zhukov Sculptor - K. Gryunberg, architects - G. Belyankin and S. Gladkih, 1995. It is located near Russian Army headquarters building.
The "Black Tulip". Monument established in honor of victims in Afghanistan. Authors: A. Serov and K. Grjunberg. It is located at the Soviet Army Square. The Chechnya Monument. It was established in 2002 and completed the Black Tulip composition. Author: sculptor- architect A. Serov. Casted by S. Rezepov.
Sverdlovsk. The zero point of the kilometers counting. To stand in zero is possible at the entrance into the main post office (Lenina str., 39)
First in the world monument to the Invisible Man devoted to the hero of Herbert Wells's short story. Authors: Evgeniy Kasimov, Alexander Shaburov. Is was established in the days of "The cultural heroes of the 21st Century" festival, organized by Sergey Kirienko and Gelman's gallery. It was established at the entrance into the library named after Belinskiy (Belinskogo str., 15).
The Capsule of time. Here on November 18, 1973 by the day of the 250- anniversary of the city is laid the capsule of time: "To reveal in 2023 by the day of the 300- anniversary of Sverdlovsk". Capsule is established in the Historical Square.
The Monument of the Grey Urals. Monument to the grey Urals was opened in May 2005 at the Defense Square in the city park block. Monument symbolizes the general contribution of Urals people both the soldiers and the toilers of rear to the victory. Sculptor G. Gevorkyan
KLAVA. Monument is devoted to KLAVA (computer keyboard) and is located on the bank of the river Iset.
The Lenin monument. The monument was opened in 1957. The sculptor was V. I. Ingal, architects were A. I. Pribulskiy, P. D. Demintsev. On a pedestal we can read the citation: Everything that we have reached shows that we lean against the most wonderful in the world force - on force of workers and peasants. Lenin.
The Monument to the First steam locomotive. It is a model of the first steam locomotive in Russia of Russian mechanics Е. А and M. E. Cherepanovs. It was made in honor of Sverdlovsk railway 100-anniversary in1978. Corner of Sverdlov and Chelyuskintsev streets
Afonya is a monument to the sanitary technician. On the hatch is written: Uralenergoservicecomplect, 1995. The sanitary technician works on the Siberian highway, 2.
Address: Russia, 620990, Yekaterinburg, 10km avtodorogi Yekaterinburg - a/p "Koltsovo", 15.
Multichannel phone: +7 (343) 259-35-35
Guest reception service: firstname.lastname@example.org
Group bookings: email@example.com
Ramada Spa: firstname.lastname@example.org
Events & Receptions: email@example.com
Le Vicomte Restaurant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official hotel website